This page is starting its life as a tool for a university unit – ALC203. Let’s see how it develops.
I’m also contactable via
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ayrendal @ayrendal
- About.me: https://about.me/ayrendal
- SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/ayrendal
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/user/ayrendal
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lara.milvain
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lara-milvain/
- Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/laramilvain/
and likely quite a few more to come!
Ayrendal: never heard that name before?
Ayrendal is someone I made up about 15 years ago as my first character in World of Warcraft. Looking for a name which was semi-roleplay, semi-fantasy, and as close to unique as I could get, I started by wandering through my family history. Following links around Scotland, Ayrshire featured prominently at some point. And then I found neighbouring Arran. https://www.visitscotland.com/destinations-maps/ayrshire-arran/
Joining the districts together, hyphenating, shortening, shuffling – Ayr-an; that didn’t quite work. Ayr-en; that was getting closer. Then I shuffled letters around for a while – Ayr-en-dle; Ayr-en-dyl; Ayr-en-dyougetthepicture. Ayrendal was born.
It’s a meaningless word, but I’ve come to identify closely with it. And yep; if you called it out across the room, I’d answer.
The site’s header photo is one I took a few years back of my lovely Lilly, now gone. She had her eyes on the prize, and there was *nothing* that would distract her that afternoon. They played – literal – cat and mouse for an hour. It was fascinating to watch.
Miss you, Lil.